You must correct the following errors to continue:
Take a Holistic Approach to Optimize Risk Management
This course is the fourth of four courses in the Project Management Certificate series. The courses in this series are structured around the eight Performance Domains of the PMBOK® Guide-Seventh Edition by Project Management Institute. This course will specifically cover two of the eight Performance Domains-Measurement and Uncertainty.
As a project manager, you will be asked to show progress and make decisions through measurements, all the while addressing the complexity, uncertainty, ambiguity, and risks encountered in project execution. In this course, you will learn how to leverage the Measurement and Uncertainty performance Domains and related delivery Principles to empower your decision-making amidst change. This course will complete the Project Management Certificate program’s guided, hands-on tour of the new "PMBOK® Guide", A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) and The Standard for Project Management, Seventh Edition (PMI, 2021).
Through the Measurement and Uncertainty Performance Domains, you will learn to establish methods to capture and evaluate optimal pathways for decision making and develop an understanding of systems thinking. You will also have an opportunity to incorporate your understanding of the Performance Domains and Delivery Principles from previous Certification courses.
In this course, you are asked to supplement the required PM Certificate textbooks with a low-cost, easy-to-read best seller, The Art of Thinking Clearly by Rolf Dobelli (2013)--accessible within the course. As the last course in the series, you will enjoy Dobelli’s book as a refreshing twist that reinforces the holistic and systematic thinking of PMBOK® Guide, and a memorable takeaway of the Certificate program.
PMBOK® is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
This course aligns with the 7th edition of the A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) and The Standard for Project Management.
- Develop effective metrics, project status methodologies, and tools that facilitate informed decision-making
- Adopt holistic and systems thinking in the context of project management
- Identify ways to be proactive while exploring risk and response to uncertainty
- Apply methods of risk mitigation
- Recognize and address project related issues that are a result of human behavior, system behavior or ambiguity
- Synthesize interactions of the Measurement and Uncertainty Domains with other Performance Domains
- This is the fourth course in the Project Management Certificate program and is delivered fully online
- This course consists of seven engaging learning modules, with completed coursework due each week
- Course weeks begin every Tuesday and end each Monday
Number of Units: 2.0 graduate level extension credit(s) in semester hours
Who Should Attend: This course provides continuing education for those seeking a hands-on approach to gaining project management skills and methodologies.
Instructor: USD's Instructional team consists of experienced practitioners from the Project Management industry who will provide a stimulating and participative learning environment for each course. The instructors in this certificate program have many years of combined experiences, tales from the trenches, actual case scenarios and expertise to share with all project management students.
Required Course Materials: Three Texts, A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) – Seventh Edition and The Standard for Project Management by PMI (combined purchase) and An Introduction to Project Management by Kathy Schwalbe, all available at Amazon.com or your local bookstore. NOTE: This is the same text book combination that was used in the previous courses, PMP-X857, PMP-X858 and PMP-X859. If you have them already, you do not need to repurchase them. Additional Required text, The Art of Thinking Clearly by Rolf Dobelli, available at Amazon.com.
- PMP-X857 The Stakeholder & Team Performance Domains
- PMP-X858 The Development Approach and Life Cycle & Planning Domains
- PMP-X859 The Project Work and Delivery Domains
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s), Professional Programs and Series
- Project Management Certificate : Required Courses