You must correct the following errors to continue:
Reading - A Potent Avenue for Professional Growth
Historian Barbara Tuchman once described books as being the carriers of civilization. Those of us who work to preserve and improve civilization by educating young minds need the intellectual and emotional stimulation and sustenance that comes from reading important books. Project READ is designed for busy educators who wish to remain on the "cutting edge" in their chosen disciplines.
The cost is minimal; the rewards are endless. Each book is assigned to a specific course number.
Project READ is developed for educators in the Department of Defense Education Activity (DoDEA) and overseas international schools. This course has been approved by DoDEA. Each book is assigned a different course number corresponding to the book title.
- Understand the subject matter of the book title and the author's point of view
- Identify areas that are of specific importance to your educational role
- Reflect on that knowledge and how you, as an educator, can implement this information with your students, their parents, your school, and/or your classroom
- Identify and elaborate on any ideas that the author mentions that you challenge
Number of Units: 1.0 graduate level extension credit(s) in semester hours
Who Should Attend: This course provides continuing education for teachers of DoDEA and International school students.
Course Materials: School Psychologist as Counselor: A Practitioner's Handbook by Cynthia A. Plotts available at Amazon.com or your local bookstore
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s), Professional Programs and Series
- Project READ for DoDEA/Int'l School Educators Series : Psychology