Technology Tools for Enhancing Instruction and Empowering Students - EDU-X783J
Engage Your Students with Technology to Improve Performance
Research shows that effective use of technology in the classroom can lead to increased student engagement and achievement. In this course, you will explore a variety of technology tools and learn strategies for utilizing technology to enhance instructional practices and empower students. You will examine how these technology tools can be used to transform the classroom into a student-centered, technology-rich environment.
This course can be taken individually or as part of either the Remote Teaching and Learning Series or the Learning and Teaching in a K-12 Digital Classroom Series.
- Establish guidelines for the ethical use of technology in the classroom based on key themes of Digital Citizenship
- Analyze the impact of technology integration on student achievement
- Create a teacher website or online classroom workspace to foster collaboration and engage students
- Utilize web-based technology tools to create instructional aids
- Develop a lesson plan that incorporates student use of web-based technology tools to empower students and enhance the learning process
- Explain how specific technology tools can be used to engage and empower students
Number of Units: 2.0 graduate level extension credit(s) in semester hours
Who Should Attend: This course provides continuing education for teachers (Grades K-12), administrators and other educational leaders looking to transform learning.
Course Materials: No textbook requirement
"Terrific course. Frederic Selby is exactly the kind of instructor that every course should have--knowledgeable, patient, prompt... I'd take another course from him in a heartbeat. The content was directly applicable to what I teach and four weeks into the new semester, I'm using it. Just a great experience, one I'm grateful for." -- Clay Landon, Educator, Los Angeles Unified School District, California
"I really enjoy and recommend USD to my fellow teachers. I have learned a lot from your instructors. I believe your classes in technology and flipped classroom prepared me more than anything the district or any publisher for virtual learning, during the pandemic." -- Jacob Carrillo, Educator, Fresno Unified School District, California
"This was a truly empowering course! The assignments challenged me to take risks and try new things and were open ended which allowed me to be creative . . . Thank you and I look forward to taking another course." -- Darlene Gomez-Correa, 2nd Grade Teacher, Gallatin Elementary School, Downey, California
"I enjoyed the class, and I learned many things. I felt the class had some rigor to it, and was well structured. I would definitely encourage my friends and colleagues to take this class." -- Steven Rayburn, Music Teacher, Grades 3-5
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s), Professional Programs and Series
- Blended Learning Strategies for the Classroom Series : Courses - Choose One or More
- Learning and Teaching in a K-12 Digital Classroom Series : Courses - Enroll in One or More