Best Practices in Technology Integration (prev #: EDU-506YK) - EDU-X706A
Effectively Embed Technology into Your Learning and Assessment Activities
In today’s ever-expanding universe of educational technologies, the newest and brightest technology object in the sky may not be the best catch for next semester’s curriculum redesign. This course is designed to ground classroom teachers to approach and explore new technologies in calibration with their mission. The course activities provide a purposeful and directed path through the galaxies of different technologies and a steady course for making informed decisions based on learning goals. Participants will rethink and leverage current tools, platforms, and classroom teaching, combined with best practices in integrating new technologies and applications for their students. At the end of this course, participants will emerge not only with a cluster of tools orbiting their classroom needs, but also a chart for meaningful technology integration.
This course can be taken individually and as part of the Professional Teachers Program Series, and the Learning and Teaching in a K-12 Digital Classroom Series.
This course has been revised with a new course title and edited course description (formerly Web Apps in Education). It is scheduled to be available for enrollment in September 2022.
- Explore quality online tools and critique their usability and effectiveness for the classroom
- Design classroom activities to promote digital literacy, inclusion, sharing with a greater audience, and/or student choice and collaboration
- Leverage online communication, virtual environments, and digital assessment tools to engage and empower learners
- Create a technology implementation action plan to increase powerful learning experiences in your classroom, team, school, or other educational setting
Number of Units: 3.0 graduate level extension credit(s) in semester hours
Who Should Attend: This course provides continuing education for teachers (Grades K-12)
Course Materials: None
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s), Professional Programs and Series
- Blended Learning Strategies for the Classroom Series : Courses - Choose One or More
- Learning and Teaching in a K-12 Digital Classroom Series : Courses - Enroll in One or More
- Professional Teachers Program Series : Courses - Enroll in One or More