You must correct the following errors to continue:
Credit Validation for DoDEA Participants Only
This two semester-hour graduate course is provided for DoDEA teachers who complete all requirements of a College Board-endorsed 2023 Advanced Placement Summer Institute (APSI) for an AP course and submit a course syllabus for authorization in the Advanced Placement Course Audit.
Note: For certification in any AP course, DoDEA requires secondary certification in the corresponding academic discipline in addition to completion of the corresponding College Board-endorsed AP Summer Institute training.
- Alignment of instruction with the goals of the corresponding course
- Development of the course syllabus with a scope and sequence to meet College Board requirements and prepare students for the AP exam
- Effective instructional and assessment methods, including use of AP Classroom
- Strategies to teach disciplinary reading, writing, and quantitative skills as appropriate
- Techniques to motivate students to engage in rigorous coursework
- Strategies to make equitable access a guiding principle in designing instruction
Number of Units: 2.0 graduate level extension credit(s) in semester hours
Who Should Attend: This course provides continuing education for DoDEA AP Educators.