You must correct the following errors to continue:
Create Harmony and Balance in the Classroom
This course introduces students to character and peace education using an experiential and reflective approach to creating a culture of character and peace in the classroom. Students will apply lessons from the book, Lessons for Creating a Culture of Character and Peace in Your Classroom: A Playbook for Teachers, to their own classroom and reflect on the experience by choosing to write essays or create videos to demonstrate their learning process.
- Define character and peace education and describe how those concepts apply in your educational environment
- Explain your personal philosophy of educating for character and peace
- Provide examples of specific ways that you currently create a culture of character and peace in an educational environment
- Describe new strategies you can use to establish a culture of character and peace in the classroom
- Reflect upon your experience teaching a peace and character lesson
- Describe how to adapt lessons for future use
Number of Units: 2.0 graduate level extension credit(s) in semester hours
Who Should Attend: This course provides continuing education for teachers (Grades K-12)--veteran and beginning, and counselors and administrators that want to promote character and peace within their schools.
Course Materials: Text, Lessons for Creating a Culture of Character and Peace in Your Classroom, by Edward F. DeRoche, CJ Moloney, and Patricia J. McGinty, available at Amazon.com or your local bookstore.