Social-Emotional Learning for Classrooms and Schools Seminar - EDU-X723V
You must correct the following errors to continue:
USD's Character Education Resource Center Seminar for K-12 Teachers of All Disciplines, and USD Students
This Saturday Morning Seminar, held at the University of San Diego's campus, is presented to you by the University of San Diego's Character Education Resource Center, in conjunction with the University of San Diego's Division of Professional and Continuing Education. This seminar will focus on implementing social emotional learning in schools and classrooms. At the end of this program, educators will feel confident in implementing the best SEL strategies in their current or future classrooms and schools. Each attending participant will receive a SEL Resource Packet, plus a complimentary book and laminated guide from the Character Education Resource Center.
Seminar topics include:
- 6 Strategies: How to Engage Families in SEL
- Eight Powerful Strategies to Build System-Wide SEL
- 15 Social Emotional Learning Tasks, for Student and for the Classroom
- California's Social and Emotional Learning Guiding Principles
- Parents as SEL Leaders
- SEL Programs for Schools and Classrooms
- Encouraging Social and Emotional Learning Through the Arts
- SEL: About Emotions
- Social and Emotional Learning Research Review
- SEL: What Really Works
- The Positive Impact of SEL for K-8th Grade Students.
The seminar registration allows for credit and no credit options, choose one option when you enroll. Enroll today to reserve your spot!
- Learn the guiding principles for SEL
- Effectively implement SEL strategies in a school or classroom setting
- Explore art as a vehicle for SEL
- Empower parents to become SEL leaders
Number of Units: 0.0 - 1.0 graduate level extension credit(s) in semester hours. Choose only one section:
- 1.0 graduate level extension credit included with seminar attendance. A follow-up assignment is required and due no later than August 31, 2023. (Choose Section 001) - $129 tuition
- Current K-12 Educators: Seminar attendance without credit, no grade or transcript will be issued. (Choose Section 002) - $50 fee
- Current USD Students with a sandiego.edu email: Seminar attendance without credit, no grade or transcript will be issued. (Choose Section 003) - $20 fee
Who Should Attend: This course provides continuing education for K-12 teachers, administrators, and USD students that want to learn more about social-emotional learning.