You must correct the following errors to continue:
Credit Validation for DoDEA Educators Only
Teachers will present an informational lesson about the country that he or she visited. In the Action Plan the teacher will outline objectives and goals. The use of photos and video is encouraged. Depending on the level of the class, teachers will create an art project or a short paper that would demonstrate the level of understanding of the student. The goal of the presentation is to share a country, culture, art and architecture with students who will most likely not visit this destination. The presentation will give the student a better understanding of the city or country presented.
- Participate in the day tours during the visit to each city or site
- Read assigned material and Informational Packet. Refer to this material during your tour and discussion/lecture meetings. Attend lecture during the tour
- Create an Action Plan for presentation to students
- Present a one-hour lesson
- Submit an After Action Plan
- Experience visiting a country or city
- Understand a specific country and culture of the country
- Develop a one-hour lesson using video or photos taken in the country
- Sharing the culture and point out commonalities and differences from our culture
Number of Units: 2.0 graduate level extension credit(s) in semester hours
Who Should Attend: This course provides continuing education for DoDEA teachers.
Course Format: Independent Study with Travel
Note: If you have taken this Course previously, please confirm with your receiving institution that you can enroll in a new Section of the same Course number. If not, please enroll in EDC-X755S: Sharing Cultural Experience for the DoDDS Student II instead.