You must correct the following errors to continue:
Credit Validation for Museum of Tolerance Workshop Participants Only
Tools for Tolerance® for Educators customized programs are designed to advance anti-bias education and the creation of inclusive and equitable schools. Innovative methods promote self-reflection, critical thinking, and social action planning. Set in the unique immersive, high-tech learning environment of the Museum of Tolerance, Los Angeles, the program challenges participants to examine the Holocaust in both historic and contemporary contexts, confront all forms of prejudice and discrimination, and assume responsibility for positive change.
For more information and program registration, contact the Museum of Tolerance, http://www.museumoftolerance.com.
- Experiencing the Museum of Tolerance, Los Angeles, as a laboratory for human behavior
- Hearing personal testimonies from witnesses to history
- Engaging in facilitated discussions around issues of social justice in and outside of education
- Participating in workshops customized to a group's goals by expert consultants (e.g. promoting a positive campus environment, Common Core through a social justice lens, media literacy)
- Engaging in practical unit and lesson planning for the classroom
- Valuable resource materials
Number of Units:1.0 graduate level extension credit(s) in semester hours
Who Should Attend: This course provides professional growth designed for PreK-12 educators, Teacher Candidates, Administrators, Specialists and Classified Staff. Course credit may be used for salary advancement and/or professional development. Please contact your district/school for prior approval.
Location of Course: Museum of Tolerance, 9786 W. Pico Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90035
Course Format: Workshop
Grading: Pass/Fail grades will be issued upon completion of program
Please Note: Once registered for credit, it is the responsibility of the student to submit their MOT certificate of completion to the USD Professional and Continuing Education Enrollment and Student Services team at email@example.com in order to receive a free transcript.