You must correct the following errors to continue:
Boost Your Python and R Data Analytics Knowledge and Programming Skills
This introductory programming course in Python and R is designed to connect a foundational knowledge of coding to its practical application in a data analytics project framework. Each module builds Python and R programming knowledge using selected textbook readings reinforced with explanatory videos and demonstrations. Through guided instruction, students will get hands-on practice using Python and R for data manipulation, data visualization, and statistical modeling as they input the appropriate code syntax to solve data problem scenarios executed in Jupyter Notebooks. Students will progressively build programming competencies, demonstrate assimilation through knowledge checks, and extend their foundational understanding of Python and R into a practice of real-world data analytics and problem-solving.
This course is the third required course in our Data Analytics and Visualization Certificate program. As such, students looking to enroll in the Data Analytics with Python and R class must have successfully completed the two prerequisite courses: Essentials of Analytics in Excel and Data Visualization & Storytelling with Tableau.
- Describe machine learning and its applications in data analytics
- Analyze business problems using data visualization, pattern discovery, and data exploration using Python and R
- Utilize data analytics to address business decisions with efficient and applicable tools
- Apply statistical modeling concepts such as regression and classification on various real-world data sets
Number of Units: 2.0 graduate level extension credit(s) in semester hours
Who Should Attend: This course provides continuing education for:
- Working professionals who have completed at a minimum a bachelor's degree, which may include but not be limited to financial/data and/or business analysts, accountants, client relationship managers, and account managers from a wide variety of industries
- Current undergraduate students looking to boost their resume with fundamental data analytics skills and knowledge
- Marketing professionals, financial and/or business analysts
- Anyone interested in data analytics with R and Python is also welcome
- A Hands-On Introduction to Data Science, 1st edition by Chirag Shah available at Amazon.com or your local bookstore
- Python can be downloaded from the open-source Python website at https://www.python.org/downloads/, however the full version can consume 3GB+ of disk space. For DAV-801B, students only need to use Miniconda, a minimal installer for Python, requiring only 400MB of disk space. Miniconda can be downloaded at https://docs.conda.io/en/latest/miniconda.html.
- R for Windows and Mac can be downloaded at https://cran.rstudio.com/.
RStudio for Windows or Mac can be downloaded at https://www.rstudio.com/products/rstudio/download/#download.
- Data Analytics and Visualization Certificate: Required Courses - Start with DAV-X800 and continue in order
This is the third of four courses in the Data Analytics and Visualization Certificate.
Required successful completion of:
- DAV-X800 Essentials of Analytics in Excel
- DAV-X801A Data Visualization & Storytelling in Tableau
A Bachelor's degree or currently in a bachelor's program, with a basic mathematics background preferred, with at least one course, preferably, in basic statistics taken at the college level.
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s), Professional Programs and Series
- Data Analytics and Visualization Certificate : Required Courses - Start with DAV-X800 and continue in order