You must correct the following errors to continue:
Travel the World and Return with Much More than Just Your Stamped Passport—Valuable Teacher Resources
Explore an international destination (actually or virtually) to acquire new knowledge and resources to enhance your teaching. Geography, culture, history and language are just a few aspects to be discovered in traveling abroad. This course allows K-14 educators to purposely discover the richness of our world’s resources and turn those findings into valuable teaching enhancements to promote the real world connection with students. This course encourages the concept of lifelong learning via exploration and self-motivation. This course requires either creating a new lesson plan or augmenting a current one that combines your newfound knowledge and/or materials. Museums, environmental/ecological parks, historical monuments, homes of historical figures, and cultural learning centers are just a few ideas that can help maximize learning opportunities for you and your students. Discover the globe by bringing meaning to your travels! This course can be taken multiple times by choosing a subsequent course number each time, and a different location to visit for each course.
- Rationale - Written Assignment (Pre-Trip)
- Gathering and Curating Resources for Multi-Media Enhancement for Lesson Plan (During Trip)
- Travel Learning Evaluation Letter - Written Assignment (Post-Trip)
- Create and/or Enhance a Lesson Plan and Include Choice of One Multi-Media Enhancement (Post-Trip)
- Recognize how your travel learning aligns with teaching standards
- Rejuvenate or add to content knowledge in a particular subject matter by visiting one or more resourceful locations (actually or virtually) throughout the country or countries you are visiting
- Research and add primary resources and experiences into the classroom
- Design or augment a lesson plan that incorporates newly discovered teaching resources to complement curriculum
- Document your travel learning
- Use explorational resources to promote lifelong learning and travel with students
Number of Units: 1.0 graduate level extension credit(s) in semester hours
Who Should Attend: This course provides continuing education for teachers (K-14) who want to incorporate teacher resources, discovered in their international travel, into their teaching to enhance student learning and motivate lifelong learning.
Required Materials: Course instructions will be available to you in your student account upon enrollment. Any travel expenses and/or entry fees are the responsibility of the student.
"Great course for DoDEA teachers." -- Claire Dickmeyer, Educator, DoDEA
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s), Professional Programs and Series
- Travel, Learn, Teach Series : Exploring International Resources for Learning Courses - Enroll in One or More