You must correct the following errors to continue:
Re-experience the Beauty and Power of Language to Pass on to Your Students
Love of Language – British Romantic Poets is designed to develop a literary appreciation for the poetic works of the British Romantic Poets, including Robert Burns, William Wordsworth, Samuel Taylor Coleridge, William Blake, Lord Byron, Percy Byssche Shelley and John Keats. In this course you will be guided by an audio course, published by the Recorded Book’s Modern Scholar, in a journey that begins by studying and reflecting on the language of the British Romantic Poets and concludes with an independent writing, research or curriculum project.
- Listen to an audio course during a commute, at the gym, or wherever else you may go
- Examine and reflect upon some of the famous British Romantic Poets
- Enhance and expand your understanding and appreciation of the poetic works of the British Romantic Poets
- Bridge the gap between the language needs of students and the need to be a lifelong learner
- Explore personal interests related to the British Romantic Poets
- Develop curriculum inspired by course content
Number of Units: 1.0 graduate level extension credit(s) in semester hours
Who Should Attend: This course provides continuing education for teachers (K-12) who want to bridge the gap between the language needs of their students and their need to be lifelong learners with a passion for language and literature.
Required Materials: Course instructions will be available to you in your student account upon enrollment. You will also need to purchase or have access to the following:
- Heaven in a Wild Flower: The British Romantic Poets by Adam Potkay, available online at Amazon.com, available via Audible.com, or check your local library to see if they have an audiobook download available
- Device for listening to the above audio course (varies by selected format)
- Access to the Internet
Available formats include (published by Recorded Book's Modern Scholar): CD or Audiocassette, Downloadable MP3 files and Playaway (a preloaded audio player).
ADA Accommodations: Professional and Continuing Education is committed to promoting knowledge and academic excellence for all learners. The University of San Diego's Disability and Learning Difference Resource Center helps students with verified disabilities obtain meaningful academic accommodations and support to help improve access to Professional and Continuing Education programs and courses. If you are a student who would like to be considered for academic accommodations, please visit USD's Disability and Learning Difference Resource Center's website and follow the instructions under Requesting Services.
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s), Professional Programs and Series
- Love of Language Certificate : Elective Courses - Enroll in Individual Courses, or Earn a Certificate (choose 6 units, plus core)