You must correct the following errors to continue:
Learn to Use These Free Tools to Create and Share Information
Collaboration is an important 21st century skill (and is one of the 4C’s) that students and teachers need to work effectively with others and now this can be done both virtually and in person thanks to tools and technologies developed by Google. In this course, students will design collaborative learning activities and assignments using Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Forms, and Google Jamboard. Students will design a website using Google Sites and design a lesson using Google Slides. Students will describe how they will implement their technical and teaching strategies in writing or through video demonstrations. Students will walk away with new knowledge and skills using Google tools for collaborative teaching and learning.
This course can be taken individually and is part of the Learning and Teaching in a K-12 Digital Classroom Series and the Google for Teachers Series.
Participants in the USD Google Tools for Collaborative Teaching course can expect the following outcomes and benefits upon completion:
- Organize your Teacher Google Drive using a logical folder and file structure
- Create a poster on the benefits of collaboration using Google Drawings tool
- Design collaborative learning activities and assignments using Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Forms, and Google Jamboard
- Describe the purpose, methods, strategies, approaches, and processes for implementing the assignments and activities
- Design a Google Site for collaborative teaching and learning
- Describe the purpose, methods, strategies, approaches, and process for implementing the Google Site for collaboration
- Design and present a lesson for collaborative learning using Google Slides
Number of Units: 3.0 graduate level extension credit(s) in semester hours
Course Materials: No textbook requirement
PrerequisitesFor those with little to no experience with Google Tools, you may benefit from taking EDU-X718P Learning Readiness with Basic Google Tools which is valuable for both remote teaching and face-to-face teaching, prior to this course.
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s), Professional Programs and Series
- Google for Teachers Series : Courses - Enroll in One or More
- Learning and Teaching in a K-12 Digital Classroom Series : Courses - Enroll in One or More