You must correct the following errors to continue:
Engage Individually with Literature to Make a Positive Change in the Classroom
Launch a critical dialogue using The ArcGIS Book: 10 Big Ideas about Applying Geography to Your World. Engage individually with the subject matter in this book to make a positive change in the classroom. Read and analyze this book to equip yourself with a new point of view within the field of education.
This course allows you to engage individually with literature to make a positive change in the classroom. It is one of many in the University of San Diego’s R.E.A.D. Series that allows you to complete your reading and assignments at your own pace and when it is convenient for you! After completing a R.E.A.D. Part I course, you have the option to journey further into the subject matter by electing to then enroll in the corresponding R.E.A.D. Part II Series course for an additional two-units.
- Reflect on how literature informs the field of education
- Summarize literature related to teaching and learning
- Analyze the theoretical framework, themes, content, and organization of literature related to teaching and learning
- Critique the perspective and relevance of literature related to 21st Century teaching and learning
- Contextualize the subject matter of the book in today's classroom and educational environment
Number of Units: 1.0 graduate level extension credit(s) in semester hours
- Read book. Course instructions will be available upon enrollment under your student account.
- Process what you have read and:
- Compose a reflection of the book and how the subject matter effects you as a teacher
- Prepare a book review
Steps to Completion:
- Upon receipt of enrollment and payment confirmation by email, detailed course instructions will be available under My Courses in your account at http://PCE.sandiego.edu.
- Upon completion of all assignments, you will submit an electronic file of your completed work by uploading it to the course under My Courses in your account at http://PCE.sandiego.edu.
Who Should Attend: This course provides continuing education for teachers (K-12); specifically geography, history and science teachers, teachers looking to use technology and place and also interested in earning professional growth through the powerful activity of reading.
Course Materials: The ArcGIS Book: 10 Big Ideas about Applying Geography to Your World by Christian Harder, available at Amazon.com or your local bookstore
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s), Professional Programs and Series
- Read, Empower, Act, Discover (R.E.A.D.) Part I Series : Educational Technology