Introduction to Nonprofit Financial Management - MGT-X803
You must correct the following errors to continue:
Learn How to Best Ensure Financial Success for Your Nonprofit
This course will provide you with a brief introduction to managing finances in a nonprofit organization. Topics covered will include an examination of financial oversight and regulation, understanding financial statements, IRS taxation forms, and cost accounting. The goal of the course is to make students effective decision makers in their respective organizations as a means of creating organizational sustainability while ensuring compliance with taxation and other regulations.
- Identify the common governance structures in nonprofit organizations
- Review the roles of the IRS, various state agencies in regulating nonprofit organizations
- Explain the roles of management and the Board of Directors in overseeing accounting and finance functions
- Describe the financial statement elements and their functions regarding a nonprofit
- Identify elements of the Form 990 that nonprofit financial professionals find the most relevant and helpful
- Analyze fund accounting and restrictionsReview how administration, fundraising, and program ratios are developed and their importance
- Identify the importance of internal controls and how internal controls are implemented
- Identify the different ways a nonprofit can use a positive change in net asset
Number of Units: 1.0 graduate level extension credit(s) in semester units
Who Should Attend: This course provides continuing education to nonprofit sector employees, professionals transitioning to the nonprofit sector, current or prospective board members, or potential or veteran volunteers will benefit from this research-based program.
Required Materials: Text, Streetsmart Financial Basics for Nonprofit Managers, 4th edition by Thomas A. McLaughlin, available at Amazon.com or your local bookstore. All other required materials are available through the online learning platform.
"[Course MGT-X803] gave me an educational experience in a section I haven’t had a lot of experience in. I also loved working in a group and connected with my classmates in a way I haven’t experienced in the other classes."
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s), Professional Programs and Series
- Nonprofit Management Certificate : Core Courses - To Enroll and Learn More Click a Course Below