You must correct the following errors to continue:
Learn How to Create Student Portfolios to Demonstrate Learning Growth
This course is designed for educators to learn to develop advanced skills and knowledge for best educational and pedagogical practices in the design, development, implementation, and use of multimedia resources by creating a professional digital portfolio to teach students and for professional use. No prior technology experience needed to take this course.
- Exploring the theory implementation and use of digital portfolios in the classroom environment as ways to create, maintain, and share knowledge
- Examining the different types of digital portfolios that exist on different web-based platforms
- Describing the typical components and the process for developing a digital portfolio
- Developing advanced skills and knowledge in the design, development, integration and use of multimedia resources by creating a professional digital portfolio
- Creating and completing assignments that will lead to the completion of a course digital portfolio
- Designing a web-based digital portfolio lesson plan for classroom use
- Recognize theory, implementation and use of digital portfolios in the classroom environment
- Distinguish the different types of digital portfolios that exist on different web-based platforms
- Design a web-based digital portfolio
- Develop and implement a curriculum that supports the teaching of digital portfolios
Number of Units: 2.0 graduate level extension credit(s) in semester hours
Who Should Attend: This course provides continuing education for K-12 teachers, administrators and other interested stakeholders, wanting to learn about and understand the use of digital portfolios in the classroom.
Course Materials: No textbook requirement.
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s), Professional Programs and Series
- Learning and Teaching in a K-12 Digital Classroom Series : Courses - Enroll in One or More