You must correct the following errors to continue:
Credit Validation for AVID Path to Schoolwide and AVID ElevateXP Participants Only
AVID Path to Schoolwide and AVID ElevateXP are professional learning trainings that can be delivered in four 3-hour modules or two 6-hour modules any time throughout the year. New Site Teams are introduced to AVID's philosophy and instructional practices and more experienced sites are able to choose from a variety of higher-level AVID Communities of Practice that help deepen and refine their understanding of AVID methodologies and strategies to successfully implement AVID in their schools. The four module professional learning experience for districts and schools provides content-specific training, and attendees can earn 1.5 units of graduate level extension credit (in semester hours) for attending and completing all aspects of the training that includes pre-work, active participation in the course and completion of all assignments. Participants can apply for university credit up to six weeks after completion of the last module.
- Attend all sessions, in their entirety, on your own device during AVID Path to Schoolwide or ElevateXP.
- Be an active participant by engaging in the course activities. This includes responding in the public chat, polls, discussion boards, and other interactive activities; [ElevateXP only] turn your microphone on to speak (in both breakout rooms and in the main room); and engage in breakout room activities.
- Complete all end-of-day feedback forms.
- Learn, experience, reflect and apply AVID methodologies and strategies to implement AVID at one's school or district
- Collaborate with other Site-Team members to develop implementation plans for the upcoming school year
Number of Units: 1.5 graduate level extension credit(s) in semester hours
Who Should Attend: This course provides continuing education for AVID Path to Schoolwide and AVID ElevateXP participants that may include new site teams who are implementing AVID for the first time, AVID elective teachers, AVID Excel teachers, secondary content area teachers (grades 6-12), elementary teachers (grades PreK-6), site level leaders, district level leaders, instructional coaches, counselors, and postsecondary educators.
Format: AVID Path to Schoolwide is held in-person at various locations; and ElevateXP is the virtual/online option. If you plan to take this course multiple times this year, please enroll in EDC-X718UA first and then EDC-X718UB for your second and so on.
PLEASE NOTE: The deadline for registering for university credit is up to six weeks after completion of the last module. Late enrollments will not be accepted after this period, no exceptions.