Managing the Entitlement Process - REP-X810
You must correct the following errors to continue:
Explore Regulatory Issues in Land Use and Design
The land development entitlement process often seems like an incomprehensible maze. This course will help identify the various regulatory criteria that may affect project design, and the inter-connective, consecutive, and sequential processes required for governmental review and approval. Students will learn to recognize policy documents, zoning regulations, and environmental studies that may affect your project budgets and timelines.
- Understand the legal framework and societal objectives of the regulatory process
- Introduction to General Plan, Specific Plan policy documents, and the role of state and federal agencies permit requirement
- The organization of land use and design requirements of the Zoning Ordinance
- The role of the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) on project review, and evolving concepts that address climate change and sustainability
- Understanding the Subdivision Map Act and basic engineering concepts
Number of Units: 1.0 graduate level extension credit(s) in semester hours
Who Should Attend: Professionals who wish to obtain a foundation for a career in real estate or students who seek to specialize within this one area of the real estate industry
Course Materials: All materials shared within your online course.
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s), Professional Programs and Series
- Real Estate Finance, Investments and Development Certificate : Core Courses - To Enroll and Learn More Click a Course