You must correct the following errors to continue:
Bring Time-Savings and Productivity to Your Teaching Practice
Google Tools have been firmly embraced by many educational institutions because of their ability to foster collaboration and efficiency. Google Workspaces (formerly “GSuite”) is perhaps the most familiar range of offerings, including Google Docs, Slides, Forms, and Sheets. One of the newest layers to the family of Google Tools is Google Classroom. This Learning Ecosystem allows teachers to seamlessly leverage Google’s communication features as well as some new organizational tools. Google Classroom is built on the Google Workspaces foundation, so it is recommended that you feel comfortable using the Google Workspaces or are willing to spend additional time learning these tools throughout the course.
Educators who complete this Google Classroom training course will:
- Create a Google Classroom interface to maximize its impact when working with learners of all backgrounds
- Design unique learning experiences by integrating both Google Workspace Tools (Docs, Slides, etc.) and external tools that maximize student access to curriculum and encourage creativity
- Implement/Leverage all available feedback tools for whole group, small group, and individual level feedback
- Implement a plan to use Google Classroom that considers the teacher, students and families
Number of Units: 2.0 graduate level extension credits in semester hours
Course Materials: Text, Do More with Google Classroom: Teach Better. Save Time. Make a Difference. by Matt Miller, available at Amazon.com or your local bookstore.
PrerequisitesStudents must have a working level of comfort with Google Workspaces apps, such as Google Docs, Google Forms, Google Slides before beginning to layer Google Classroom into your practice. These are covered in EDU-X772M, Google Tools for Collaborative Teaching and EDU-X718P Learning Readiness with Basic Google Tools if you need the basics.
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s), Professional Programs and Series
- Blended Learning Strategies for the Classroom Series : Courses - Choose One or More
- Google for Teachers Series : Courses - Enroll in One or More
- Learning and Teaching in a K-12 Digital Classroom Series : Courses - Enroll in One or More