You must correct the following errors to continue:
Credit Validation for San Diego County Office of Education Only
The goal of Leading Edge Certification is to help each participant become a more effective online instructor, and to provide a learning context that interests, excites, and challenges participants to explore effective teaching practices. Online education can provide the opportunity for students and professional learners to communicate and demonstrate mastery in ways that would be challenging in the traditional setting. Aligning effective pedagogy with engaging curriculum and a variety of online learning tools offers an empowering alternative for tomorrow's leaders. Preparing teachers for that opportunity is the sincere goal of the Leading Edge Certification course. LEC participants will integrate contemporary technology into teaching practices and learning activities using software, cloudware, and resources that serve curriculum objectives and educational goals. This class includes both theoretical and experiential components; participants will explore research and examples of effective practices in online instruction, but will also spend a substantial portion of course time developing educationally meaningful and personally relevant products to support their online course and their LEC portfolio. LEC participants can expect to spend 6-10 hours of work per week for the eight weeks of the course. The work will include: Reading course materials and exploring examples, completing projects and assignments, sharing and reflecting with other class participants in discussion forums.
- Compare and contrast the pedagogy of face to face, blended, and online instruction
- Select and model a variety of online tools for communication, productivity, collaboration, analysis, presentation, research, and online content delivery
- Plan and design strategies to encourage active learning, interaction, participation, and collaboration in an online environment
- Demonstrate online leadership in a manner that promotes student success through regular feedback, prompt response, and clear expectations
- Model legal, ethical, safe, and healthy behavior related to technology use
- Create multiple paths to address diverse learning styles, abilities, and needs for accommodation
- Design authentic projects, assignments, and assessments that measure student achievement of standards-based learning goals
- Formulate solutions using a variety of student data to modify instructions
- Collaborate with colleagues through the use of web-based technologies
- Demonstrate appropriate use of technologies to enhance student learning
Number of Units: 3.0 graduate level extension credit(s) in semester hours
Who Should Attend: This course provides continuing education for TK-12 Classroom Teachers, Teachers on Special Assignment, Administrators, District Leaders.
Note: You are registering for course credits only. Please ensure you have also registered for the LEC Flex course with SDCOE, which has an additional cost of $250. For questions or help in registering, please contact Michanne Hoctor-Thompson at firstname.lastname@example.org.