You must correct the following errors to continue:
Optimize Your Teaching and Student Learning as You Return to the Classroom
Reset: Resiliency, Compassion and Innovation for a Transformative Teaching is designed to meet educators where they are as they return to fully face-to-face classroom, hybrid, or continue with a virtual learning environment. Major topics addressed will include SEL (social emotional learning), trauma-informed instruction, educator resiliency, and an innovator's mindset shift rebuilding our education system together and with an emphasis on grace and a willingness to try new strategies in the classroom.
- Connect neuroscience to the five course competencies of social emotional learning
- Analyze the connection between social emotional learning and trauma-informed instruction
- Build an educator self-care plan based on the 12 habits and dispositions of resilient educators using Elena Aguilar's strategies from Onward, Cultivating Emotional Resilience for Educators
- Analyze the learning frameworks and strategies to accelerate and enrich personalized and overall student learning experiences
- Apply learning strategies and technology tools to amplify student agency and collaboration in-person, hybrid, and/or online
- Create a learning experience unit plan incorporating technology tools, learning frameworks and strategies for transformative teaching
Number of Units: 3.0 graduate level extension credit(s) in semester hours
Who Should Attend: This course provides continuing education for K-12 educators interested in preparing for transitioning back to the classroom for school year, addressing topics that all educators will face after COVID-19 remote learning.
Course Format: Online Self-Paced
Course Materials: None