You must correct the following errors to continue:
Challenge Yourself to Discover How to Make Your Classroom a Fair and Positive Environment for All
Be on My SIDE: Educating for Social Justice, Inclusivity, Diversity and Equity will address the role of educators as allies, advocates and catalysts for positive change. Educators will examine their personal biases, reflect upon the research, listen to and understand perspectives and strategies of experts in the field, and develop an action plan to address challenges related to race, ability, mental health, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, and other issues pertaining to social justice, inclusivity, diversity and equity in education.
- Gain a deeper understanding of issues related to social justice, inclusivity, diversity and equity (SIDE) in education
- Identify and address how social justice, inclusivity, diversity and equity pertains to you personally and to the colleagues and students with whom you interact
- Learn strategies that encourage social justice, inclusivity, diversity and equity in education, through research, reflection and ethical conversations within the course
- Enhance skills in developing a culture which promotes social justice, diversity and equity in education
- Broaden knowledge of existing educational programs
- Develop and share a presentation of a sustainable action plan for creating a culture of social justice, inclusion, diversity and equity in your educational environment
Number of Units: 2.0 graduate level extension credit(s) in semester hours
Who Should Attend: This course provides continuing education to PK-12 teachers and administrators interested in examining and resolving scenarios related to social justice, inclusivity, diversity and equity; who want to infuse strategies and resources into their existing curriculum; and who want to create a sustainable action plan for navigating the challenges of meeting the diverse needs of students.
Course Materials: Text, Case Studies on Diversity and Social Justice Education by Paul Gorski and Seema Pothini available at Amazon.com or your local bookstore
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s), Professional Programs and Series
- *Teaching for Diversity, Equity and Inclusivity in the Classroom Series : Courses - Enroll in One or More